Manager, Business Analysis - Technology
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Paving the way for this is our amazing Technology capability, dedicated to transforming the marketing landscape. The Technology capability collaborates with other capabilities within Digitas such as Strategy, Experience Design, Data science, Project Management, and Account as well as client business and technology representatives to bring cutting edge digital products and campaigns to life. We also have strategic partnerships with many of the world’s leading marketing and advertising technology vendors that helps us leverage the best platforms and tools for our clients.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Manager, Business Analysis - someone who can join a new or existing digital project and lead the project forward with gathering, documenting and prioritizing of requirements for system functionality in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
The Business Analysis practice provides business analysis services such as requirements gathering and functional specification documentation to support complex digital projects being defined, designed and developed by Digitas and other Publicis agencies.
As a Manager, you will lead the gathering and documenting of requirements and specifications on a range of digital projects and initiatives within our client portfolio. You’ll define and collaborate on the design of highly dynamic, data-driven internet-based applications and/or platforms and support the development and testing of those systems.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- ✦Leading business and user requirements gathering through analysis of the project goals and the client's digital ecosystem, background research, and working sessions/interviews with stakeholders. Internal and external stakeholders include: clients, client partners, product owners, project managers, experience designers, and technologists.
- ✦Leading the creation, communication and management of business and user requirements documentation using industry and company templates. For complex requirements, creating user and process flow diagrams, data models, analysis matrices or other methods to facilitate understanding and agreement with internal and external stakeholders on the issue.
- ✦Supporting the technology lead with auditing and analysis of technologies and vendors under consideration for project solutions.
- ✦Supporting the project manager by identifying your project tasks, estimates time and dependencies as well as actively participating in scope definition and prioritization of requirements.
- ✦Collaborating with experience designers (XD), graphic designers and copywriters in the detailed design phase of projects and providing concise accurate feedback to help align with the requirements or user stories.
- ✦Leading creation of detailed functional specifications that document the agreed interface behavior for all types of users of the system and any back-end business rules or data requirements.
- ✦Supporting the account team in managing client stakeholders by providing documentation within agreed timeframes and consolidating open questions/issues for communication with clients.
- ✦Participating in client walkthroughs of documentation or live demonstrations of working functionality and capturing feedback.
- ✦Supporting the development team by communicating requirements and functional specifications as well as responding to requests for clarification and deeper analysis.
- ✦Partnering with the QA team by reviewing and providing feedback on test cases, logging and triaging defects as well as keeping documentation up to date as discrepancies are identified.
- ✦Supporting the release manager(s) to review and approve finished development work before release into production.
- ✦Educating others on industry best practices for business analysis and technology as well as staying current on emerging digital technologies and trends to support your analysis and client discussions.
- ✦Participating in the Business Analysis practice and Technology capability’s continuous improvement activities by bringing ideas to the table and showcasing work for discussion.
- ✦Managing other business analysts on the project and/or direct reports through proactive mentoring and timely constructive feedback.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- ✦5+ years of experience working as a Business Analyst role (or similar role).
- ✦5+ years of experience working on technology based projects.
- ✦2+ years of experience working for a digital agency or consultancy.
- ✦Agile methodology training and/or experience required.
- ✦Project management training and/or experience preferred.
- ✦Bachelor or equivalent degree in Business, Design or Technology related discipline required.
- ✦An ambitious approach to learning on the job as well as to completing formal tuition to develop your skill set.
- ✦Excellent written and verbal communication skills to support interaction with a variety of team members at different seniority levels.
- ✦Experience working directly with senior level clients to gain trust and establish rapport for business analysis work - required.
- ✦Excellent technical documenting skills particularly with using Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and cloud based collaboration tools.
- ✦Experience using Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence) required.
- ✦Extensive knowledge of digital technology such as: content management systems (CMS), customer relationship management (CRM) systems, e-commerce, systems integration, website analytics, marketing automation, native apps, social media, programmatic and predictive media.
- ✦Experience leveraging and documenting for Sitecore (CMS) preferred
- ✦Extensive knowledge of website and software development process: discovery, design, build, test/QA, deployment, measurement and optimization.
- ✦Experience working on large complex projects with multiple teams, timelines and dependencies required.
- ✦Experience working with remote teams in different time zones required.
- ✦Flexibility to travel as needed required.
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you!
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,300 employees across 12 countries and 24 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.