Panadol commands strong market share in the everyday pain management space, however when it comes to more severe conditions such as migraines two main challenges face the brand:
1. Low Condition Awareness
2. Migraine Medication is Traditionally Prescribed by HCPs and no habitual consumption of migraine medication is present on an OTC level. Does an OTC brand have the right to play in this space?
3. Consumer expectations have changed, how can brands cut through and move consumers to try something new without relying on expert recommendation
Home remedies are a go to coping mechanism for migraines , lack of understanding and different levels of suffering frequency exist. Deep diving our consumer we looked at actively collected data & passively collected data, merged the 2 to find our truths:
• 6pm to 11pm is the most frequent time of searches and consumption of Migraine related content
• Causes, Symptoms & Treatment are the most frequently searched for terms – where authoritative sites with HCP content are those most consumed
• Healthy Food, Personal Care & Fitness are the most common interests of migraine sufferers