a month ago
Reports to – Client Services Director
Role context and overview
As an Account Director, you will be a key player in an established team that manages a range of diverse, high
profile accounts. You will be responsible for the account management of one or more clients, helping them
understand how digital can help create competitive advantage for the business. Specifically you will take
responsibility for client satisfaction, quality of service and making sure that all the work we do for our clients is
delivered on time and on budget.
The Client Services team own, manage & develop client relationships for the agency. We are our client’s voice
in the agency and make sure that all the work we do together is delivered with integrity. Equally we are the
outward representation of the agency to clients and, as such, must make every effort to embody DigitasLBi
values: provocative, collaborative & expert.
1. Own the day to day client relationship, making sure that all requests are dealt with in a professional
and timely way.
2. Ensure that all the work we deliver is of high quality and on time/to budget.
3. Build effective client relationships in which you become their trusted advisor, in turn helping us to
do great work together.
4. Understand the dynamics of your client’s business, so that we can identify ways in which digital can
help them meet their objectives.
5. Stay on top of what your client’s competitors are doing and share insights with the client/agency
6. Own your projects from concept to end of project review – including collating results, writing case
studies and sharing learning’s with client/agency teams.
7. Take responsibility for commercial management of your account(s), including accurate forecasting
on a weekly basis and management of WIP and invoicing.
8. Work collaboratively with cross-discipline teams. Actively contribute to the Client Services &
portfolio teams, participating in regular meetings & training.
9. Grow & develop your client relationships, including creation of an annual business development plan
with your manager.
10. Continue building your knowledge of the digital marketing & technology sector, including attending
agency training sessions.
Key Skills required:
• Link your team or department’s activity to the DLBi business plan.
• Apply your knowledge of external market issues and DLBi’s business plan to guide your own role
and those of your team.
• Develop and analyse solutions while planning.
• Prioritise client activities and manage relationships effectively.
• Uncover your client’s hidden needs and issues by asking insightful questions and developing a
• Partner with others to deliver solutions.
• Find opportunities for future work from existing client engagements.
• Look for ways to enhance your client’s experience.
Knowing our products and services
• Emphasise and build the value of services we offer to the client.
• Explain the added benefits that different services could bring to the client.
• Identify and act on sales opportunities. Develop and utilise your network of contacts.
• Research your client’s business (issues faced, state of the market, key developments) to properly
identify the right DLBi services and products for them.
• Coach others in sales efforts.
Delivery and Innovation
• Monitor interactions between your team and the client, and follow up to demonstrate strong client
• Ensure your client’s needs and expectations are met.
Developing strategy and providing advice
• Ask questions that push, challenge and stretch your clients and colleagues to foster creativity, or
better our service.
• Don’t accept "but that’s the way we’ve always done it". Change is good. Embrace it! Encourage
your colleagues to do the same.
• Monitor client feedback and take action to deliver the highest possible service. Be on hand to help if
problems occur in your area of responsibility.
• Pinpoint risks that may affect progress. Make sure you have a contingency plan.
• Manage your client’s expectations regarding timescales and scope.
Project management / delivery
• Identify and assign roles and responsibilities to deliver the best possible service.
• Develop expectations. Own the delivery of high quality results.
• Consolidate information from a range of sources. Consider the broader impact of any issues that
• Help your team accept and apply new approaches, systems and methods.
• Encourage others to look for new ideas or approaches. Develop solutions but stay focussed on the
• Consider all different viewpoints to develop the ideal solution.
• Motivate others in your team or project to come up with new ideas and initiatives. Encourage them
to challenge current approaches / methods.
Blended team working
• Plan the induction of new team/project members (and handovers when people move on).
• Make sure team members are mutually accountable for their joint performance. There is no 'I' in
• Know what standards and behaviours make a team perform at its best.
• Take the opinions of other experts into consideration, even if they aren’t represented at team
• Recruit and manage members of your team to work as a single high-performing unit.
Leading (yourself and others)
• Develop and coach your team so that all members perform well.
• Help your team set individual goals which build towards the wider team or project goals.
• Identify and tackle poor performance or inappropriate behaviour.
• Encourage others to share experiences and learn from each other.
• Take ownership of individual and team decisions. Help others to understand and accept them.
• Apply change management techniques to help people work in our ever-changing environment.
• Simplify complex messages and summarise key points.
• Express yourself in a compelling, passionate and credible manner.
• Demonstrate a strong ability to express yourself, both verbally and in writing. Use the right structure
and language to get results.
• Present recommendations logically (and persuasively when challenged).
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge / skill in your specialty area or broad expertise in multiple areas.
• Function independently in your area of knowledge
• Be recognized by Clients as an authority in your specialist area(s).
• Knowledge of DLBi methodology and approach.
• Effectively manage a small team (if required)
afraid of taking on new challenges. Someone who makes things happen and prefers to try new
approaches/ideas and fail rather than doing the same thing over and over again. This individual will have a
solid background in account management and be ready to jump into a fast moving role.
o Clear, engaging communicator
o Customer focused
o Ability to think on their feet
o Ability to predict and solve problems
o 'Can do/Will do’ attitude
Must be able to demonstrate like-minded values: [this person should be able to describe how they
operate/live by these values]
Qualifications and Experience:
• 7+ years of experience in account management in a digital agency environment
• Experience in creating & managing a variety of digital activity, from communications campaigns to
platform development projects including web, mobile apps and WeChat
• Familiar with China digital and technology trends.
• Experience in writing strategic proposals in answer to client briefs & proactively.
• Appreciation of data and how insight can be used to help drive our clients’ businesses.
• Ability to take on commercial management of an account, from forecasting to invoicing.
• Knowledge in luxury, telecommunication and finance categories would be an advantage.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin and English
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Good presentation skills.
✦ or connect with me on LinkedIn here https://www.linkedin.com/in/summerha/ and drop me message!
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,300 employees across 12 countries and 24 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.