8 November 2019
Associate Director, Content Strategy
Our Associate Director Content Strategists drive the content architecture of digital products and services that people love to use.
At Digitas, we do CS a little differently. Our content strategists are an integral part of our Design team. Their backgrounds run the gamut from UX to publishing, startup to agency. They empathize and solve users’ problems, they are well-versed in modern digital experiences, and they are driven by delivering—and supporting—the best possible solution. They are collaborators who lead multidisciplinary teams to set and drive a vision forward, and they aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty making things.
Sound good? Good.
What you’ll do
• Own the end-to-end CS process from ideation to execution across multiple projects
• Understand strategic business goals—and challenge them when needed
• Solve complex problems and find the clearest, most compelling way to communicate the solution
• Craft deliverables including the strategic vision, site maps, content authoring guidelines, taxonomies, and maybe things no one has a name for yet
• Collaborate deeply with design, strategy, technology, account management and other disciplines
• Weigh in as a subject matter expert on content strategy topics with cross-disciplinary agency and client partners
• Practice and evangelize customer-centric thinking
A few things we want to see in you
• Demonstrable understanding of content strategy for digital products, content platforms, and branded experiences
• Clear understanding of how content and design work together
• Complete comfort ideating, sketching, and riffing with your team
• The ability to execute, organize, and defend the work
• A fanatical obsession with the quality of work that gets delivered
• Enough development, research, and process experience to be dangerous
• Informed opinions
• A creative skill I wouldn’t have thought to list here
The ideal candidate will have
• A portfolio of relevant work: It should showcase your experience in the design process, creating XD content, and solving real user problems through words
• At least 10 years professional experience, 6 years in content strategy with a focus on UX
• Experience translating data into strategic recommendations
• Understanding of user-centric design and product development best practices
• Awareness of the latest XD, technology, and content trends
• Exceptional skills writing short- and long-form content
• Experience with tools like InVision, Sketch, Figma a plus
We have 40 offices in 25 countries, each one helping to upend and redefine the landscape of strategy, creativity, media and technology. We’re pumped about the accolades we’ve earned – cue Titanium Lions, Gold Pencils and making LinkedIn’s Most InDemand Employer List of 2014 – but what energizes us most is the people we work with, the clients we work for and the never-ending challenge that confronts us: Producing amazing creative, day after day. On top of great values, great people and great clients, we’re proud to offer many great perks – things like flex vacation days, tuition reimbursement, gym membership discounts and anniversary gifts for the many people who’ve been with us 5, 10, 20 years and more. And while we celebrate those who’ve stuck by us and shaped us into the creative force that we are today, we’re always looking for great new talent help us grow even stronger. If that’s you, well, come join us.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.
DIGITAS GLOBAL BRAND PRESIDENT