10 December 2019
The Senior Strategist is a highly versatile, inventive individual that naturally owns the strategic agenda. Someone that brings creativity and authority to the role and a collaborative style that fits our own internal culture of blending, in multi-disciplinary teams, and externally with our clients.
To be successful you’ll combine smart lateral thinking with the drive for effective results. Strategists have a broad spectrum of experience that will drive connected thinking, be it brand planning, creative strategy or business consulting in consideration of Paid, Owned and Earned channels. Our approach is collegiate and thrives on diversity; Strategists work with client services, creatives, data scientists, user experience architects and technology professionals. This is because we believe that at the inter-section of technology, connectivity and data we can now create powerful new connections between people and brands.
The role maintains a primary responsibility in Singapore working on regional and local accounts and business development. They may be asked to support the network and other businesses throughout the APAC region from time to time. Strategists are tasked with unlocking the old idea of ‘the right message, to the right person, at the right time’ in imaginative new ways through connected marketing. Day-to-day, your role includes:
• Uncovering unique insights and direction that create customer and business impact
• Picking up a variety of briefs from Strategy leads and being happy to run with them
• Preparing briefs and briefing stimulus for Creative, Production and Project teams
• Being an inspiration and guide for creative teams
• Guiding the entire ideation process and support efforts all the way through to delivery
• Being a champion for effectiveness and how to develop data-driven strategy
• Uncovering clients’ unrealized needs using insightful questions and developing rapport
• Playing a central role in pitch and business development requirements
• Identifying strategic opportunities that help to sell inappropriate new services
• Emphasising the value of services offered to the client highlighting added benefits
• Maintaining relationships and helping strategy leaders in the network
• Coaching & developing your juniors and peers so that all members perform well
• Developing expectations, managing stakeholders and owning delivery of quality results
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate being an insight-hungry strategist and inspiring conviction and creativity in others:
• 6-8 years of strategy experience in relevant digital and creative agencies – consulting and client-side experience will also be a consideration
• Demonstrable experience in a variety of strategic engagements with regional or global client brands in multi-cultural, multi-agency and network teams
• Comfortable with insight generation, preparing briefs and briefing stimulus and able to drive the creative ideation process with appropriate support from seniors
• An analytical mind with deep market knowledge, able to make recommendations using various research sources, tools and analytics techniques to uncover insight
• Strong creative problem solving, both on a conceptual level in defining the strategic vision and a practical level in handling planning and operational considerations
• Up-to-date knowledge of marketing technologies (martech) and digital experience platforms popular in APAC spanning Paid, Owned and Earned / social media
• Exposure to a variety of industry verticals with depth and breadth of expertise in one or two categories – specifically we will be looking for experience of Financial Services, FMCG and Consumer Electronics categories.
• Skillset will be oriented to creative strategy, with demonstrable expertise in CRM-relevant work, data-driven content marketing and ideally some level of exposure to communications or touchpoint planning.
• Authentic leadership qualities when working within project or pitch teams
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,300 employees across 12 countries and 24 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.
DIGITAS GLOBAL BRAND PRESIDENT