1 November 2019
Associate Director, Connections Strategy
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to create digital products, advertising campaigns and media experiences that bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Strategy at Digitas is a multi-disciplinary team of Creative, Social, Experience and Connections Strategy experts, unified by a shared ambition to inspire ideas that move people.
To further accelerate this ambition, we are looking for an outstanding Associate Director, Connections Strategy – someone who champions a modern approach to connected brand experiences; who understands consumer behavior and context, and architects and orchestrates strategic communications to define how brands connect to people in a digital world.
While our Creative Strategy team inspires and refines the voice of a brand, the Connections Strategy team ultimately defines its expression – where and how it acts – providing a vision and guiding system for how brands will most effectively connect with consumers through integrated and innovative campaigns.
Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As Associate Director, Connections Strategy, your media and marketing expertise will be essential to supporting and inspiring strategic direction for client engagements.
Demonstrating an intimate understanding of how consumers interact with channels and technology, you’ll focus on effectively solving
clients' business challenges and inspiring connected creativity through an orchestrated system of paid, owned and earned touchpoints that inspires connected creativity.
Day-to-day, your role will include:
• Analyzing and illuminating how consumers interact with devices, content and media through research and rigorous data analysis
• Developing stories based on the motivation behind those behaviors to reveal what value a brand needs to provide to move people
• Mapping consumer experience journeys to identify high-impact moments for brands to connect
• Designing orchestrated systems of brand communications, partnering with media planners and creative teams to bring modern media architectures to life
• Building trusted client relationships, keeping them apprised of competitive activity, cultural shifts and consumer trends
• Forming collaborative relationships with other agency capabilities, partner agency teams and third parties as necessary
• Maintaining and evolving Connections team artifacts, demonstrating a consistent and repeatable approach to Connections Strategy outputs
This exciting and important role requires strong work experience (7-9 years; min 4-year college degree, Masters preferred), including a track record of impactful work and professional ingenuity – which means you are:
• A digitally-savvy marketer with a depth of knowledge in digital strategy and/or multi-channel planning, and an unstoppable drive to bring the best work to life
• A strong analytical thinker with exceptional research dexterity, including deep experience with media-centric tools such as Comscore, MRI, Google Analytics and a creative approach to data exploration
• A trend-watcher who is forever curious about digital behavior and cultural shifts, with a talent for translating opportunities into smart, persuasive points of view
• An engaging storyteller who brings a presentation to life in an articulate, straightforward and compelling way
• An up-and-coming leader and team manager with a demonstrated ability to coach and develop talent, inspire and drive change and rally varied groups to collaborate effectively
• An all-around seasoned professional with exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 18 countries and 32 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.
DIGITAS GLOBAL BRAND PRESIDENT