14 January 2022
Vice President, Experience Design
At Digitas, our Experience Design team crafts digital products, content, and services people love to use. We are collaborators and innovators, who thrive in multidisciplinary teams, who can start from a blank page and help realize the vision for a great experience, and aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty making that vision a reality.
Our teams’ backgrounds run the gamut from site to mobile, ecom to campaign, startup to agency, with one foot in visual design and the other in UX. But at heart, they are designers who love creating new, meaningful experiences and are exceptionally well versed in the practice of modern digital product creation.
We’re looking for a Vice President of Experience Design to join our Boston-based team, a leader who will help set the vision for a project, a team, and the organization. You’ll be as comfortable sweating the details of a design interaction as you are presenting your teams’ work to executive-level client partners. You’ll be a mentor and a manager, developing talent to be their best. And you’re passionate about growing your own talent, as well.
What you might do during a typical day:
• Concept, sketch, and design digital experiences for multiple devices and contexts
• Articulate a vision for a client or project, then collaborate with other capability leaders, put a plan together, and make that vision a reality
• Be an experience design thought leader within the agency and to clients
• Set the direction and tone of the Experience Design team and run internal initiatives
• Contribute to pitching and winning new business and incremental opportunities
• Help manage staffing and provide input on project plans
• Drive modern design thinking and practices to innovate modern experiences and how they are made and managed
• Direct teams of designers and content strategists across the entire design process, from kickoff to launch
• Articulate and evangelize design rationales to peers and clients
• Plan, observe, document and interpret user research to inform the work
• Partner with other disciplines, building relationships and trust within the organization
A few things we want to see in you:
• A portfolio full of beautiful, usable experiences designed for all kinds of devices and contexts
• A formal design education and an informal desire to always be learning
• Proven experience with large-scale platform and interaction design for large companies, products, or organizations—ecommerce experience a plus
• Well-versed and comfortable with modern design practices and environments: component-based design systems, enterprise CMS, rapid-prototyping, and other design hyphenates
• Strategic thinking paired with beautiful, highly-usable execution
• A leadership style that rallies clients, inspires your team, and attracts collaborators from other disciplines
• Complete comfort sketching, posting, and riffing with your team
• Fanatical obsession with the quality of what gets launched
• 10+ years experience being pretty amazing, at least 4 of them in a leadership role in a digital agency environment
• Experience in financial, retail, or healthcare a plus
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 18 countries and 32 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.