6 August 2019
Associate Director, Business Affairs
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
The production department is the force that makes creative ideas reality. We transform concepts into fully realized video assets, experiences, and marketing campaigns for every conceivable platform. We strive to elevate the creative content of every project.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Associate Director, Business Affairs – someone who will be responsible for the legal and financial oversight for selected clients and productions. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
This role is tied to specific pieces of client business but also provides general oversight and continuity across all lines of business.
As an Associate Director you will be a primary point of contact in the department on business affairs matters relating to content production.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
• Training and development of Business Affairs and Production staff
• Manage work assignments and distribution of responsibilities
• Work with all agency teams: Marketing, Creative, Project Management, Legal, Finance and AP on business affairs related issues
• Budget all pass through costs as well as Time of Staff hours for Production and Business Affairs staff
• Work side by side with producer to vet vendor bids, negotiate best prices/values and create estimates following agency and client specific guidelines
• Work with producer and account team to flag legal risk with creative (treatments, scripts, rough cuts)
• Act as conduit between project management and producer regarding budget and any required supporting documentation
• Retain relationship with cost consultants to protect the best interests of the production
• Work closely with finance to ensure proper management of budget
• Upon award, manage the contracting & insurance phase of project
• Manage the execution of all needed documents for productions (location release, talent release, insurance declaration pages, etc.)
• Upon project completion, actualize and close job, and manage talent and music rights terms
• Participate in special departmental projects as requested
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
• Four year degree or equivalent work experience
• 7-9 years working as a Business Manager and/or team supervisor in advertising production
• Strong knowledge of production and post-production industry
• Creativity and innovative problem solving skills required
• Strong organizational skills and ability to establish appropriate process and procedures
• Strong working knowledge of SAG and non-union talent standards
• Strong knowledge of financial process and compliance requirements
• Experience working directly with client and client designated production consultants
• Ability to work with variety of personalities and able to manage multiple projects and teams seamlessly
• Proficiency in MS Office suite
• Candidate must be open to travel as needed
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 18 countries and 32 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.
DIGITAS GLOBAL BRAND PRESIDENT