Guide to Contents
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use Your Information?
- How Do We Share Your Information?
- A Special Note about Minors
- Cookies and Other Technologies
- Do Not Track
- Where Your Information Will Be Used
- Your choices – How to Access, Correct or Request the Deletion of Your Information
- Third Party Websites, Content, and Resources
- Contact Us
What Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide to Us. When you use our Website, including when you create an account in our Careers Section or submit a resume to us, or when you ask a question through the Website, you may provide us with information that identifies you or your contacts (“personal information”), such as:
- Your full name, address, e-mail address, other information that may identify you as an individual.
- Your resume, which may include your employment history and other relevant information.
- Any personal information you submit to us in any forums, chats or blogs.
- The email addresses of your friends and family member should you choose to send any of the content on our Website to your contacts through our “Email to a Friend” feature.
Information We Collect from You Automatically. When you use the Website, we may also collect information about your use of the Website and the device used to access the Website that relates to you, but on its own does not identify you (“non-personal information”) such as your:
- IP address and country location.
- Browser information (including browser type, capabilities, and language).
- Operating system.
- Date and time you accessed the Website.
- Website usage information, including the paths taken as you move from one website or webpage to another website or webpage (i.e., your "click stream" activity).
How Do We Use Your Information ?
Digitas (and Our Service Providers) may use your personal information:
- To provide the features and functionality of the Website to you.
- To consider your candidacy for employment.
- To identify you as the sender of, and to process, your e-mails.
- To respond to questions and comments.
- To improve, enhance, and tailor the Website for you, and to improve and enhance the overall Website experience for all the Website users.
- To carry out specific actions you may request.
- For account validation purposes.
- For analytics and trending purposes.
How Do We Share Your Information?
Digitas may share your personal information in connection with:
- Operation of the Website: We disclose your personal information to third parties where necessary to provide the Website and its features and functionality to you.
- Your requests: We disclose your personal information to a third party whenever you request us to do so.
- Business transfers: If a third party acquires all or substantially all of Digitas's assets, your personal information, and any other information that we have collected in connection with the Website may be transferred to such third party as part of our business assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered one of our assets and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Service Providers: We use third-party service providers, including but not limited to our affiliates, to perform certain services on our behalf, such as processing, storing, maintaining and transmitting data, processing and fulfilling e-mail and other promotional campaigns, and providing marketing assistance, web analytics, and data analysis. We may provide your personal information to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. These third-party service providers are contractually restricted from using your information for any other purpose and required to comply with all applicable laws with respect to the information they receive.
- Government Agencies: We will disclose your personal information to third parties if required to do so by law.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law. We may disclose your personal information to third parties as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We may share your non-personal information and your aggregated personal information with our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, and advertisers in order to describe the use of the Website by our users.
We may also group demographic information that we collect from the Website users into aggregate data for the same purposes. We reserve the right to use and share any such non-personal information collected at the Website with third parties for any lawful purpose.
A Special Note about Minors
Cookies and Other Technologies
Cookies. Digitas uses cookie technology as part of the Website's statistical reporting and for other purposes related to making the Website available to you. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a website that is saved on your hard disk by your computer's browser. It holds information a website may need to personalize your experience. We may also utilize cookies to identify if you are logged into a Website account.
- Server session "ASP.NET_SessionId": This is a cookie that ASP.NET uses to store a unique identifier for your session. The session cookie is not persisted on your hard disk. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- Hotjar "_hjIncludedInSample": This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate funnels. See: https://www.hotjar.com/cookies
If you prefer, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie and privacy preferences. For more information about HTTP cookies and how to disable them, or restrict the categories of cookies you wish to accept, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.However, if you reject cookies, your use of the Website may be impaired.
Web Beacon. A Web beacon is an electronic image, also called a single-pixel or clear GIF, placed in the code of a webpage or in e-mails. The Website uses Web beacons to track traffic patterns of users as they navigate from one page to another. This information lets us tune and improve our users' browsing experience. We also use Web beacons through a third party Website analytics provider, as well as standard Web server log files, to help us count visitors and evaluate the Website's technical capacity. This information tells us how many people visit the Website, and helps us decide how to arrange pages in the most user-friendly way. This also helps us keep the Website browser-friendly and more useful to our users.
Do Not Track
Digitas does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
Where Your Information Will Be Used
Digitas is based in the United States. By providing personal information to this Website, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing, and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries and territories, outside the European Union or the United Kingdom, which may not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those that exist in the European Union or the United Kingdom,.
Your Choices – How to Access, Correct, or Request the Deletion of Your Information
You can access and modify certain personal information stored at the Website, if you have submitted personal information through our careers page, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number, by logging into your account at the Website.
You may also delete your account. Deletion of your account will only result in deletion of your online account and will not affect personal information that may have been previously sent by us pursuant to your request, as in the case where you submit a resume. Upon deletion of your account, Digitas will delete your account from our primary Website servers. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Digitas will retain certain information (including personal information) provided to us for the following or other lawful purposes:
- Auditing purposes.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Assist with investigations.
- Comply with legal requirements.
Third Party Websites, Content, and Resources
Digitas will take reasonable steps to protect the security and integrity of all personal information provided to this Website. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission. personal information.
How to contact Digitas regarding your privacy concerns and questions If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us here.
Effective Date: 7 February, 2017