11 June 2019
Manager, Social Strategy
The manager is a key partner working across teams (creative, marketing, planning, technology and media). This person will influence, inform and execute innovative, comprehensive, integrated social and content strategies that ignite and cultivate relationships with consumers and influencers across all channels. This position is integral to the sourcing, planning, and development of social and content programs as prescribed by the overall social and content strategies for a client.
· Serve as the initial point of contact for inbound requests on online company digital properties (e.g. Brand Twitter page) and the web at large
· Creatively and proactively assist the brand’s customers in their requests for information or help
· Identify, analyze issues, patterns and trends in customer requests about products/services
· Disseminate above information to the appropriate internal departments so that they can respond accordingly
· Monitor online conversations & identify user generated content
· Participate in online conversations via posts to build brand visibility and thought leadership
· Develop and execute social and content strategies for one or multiple clients as assigned
· Develop editorial/thought leadership strategies
· Present and strategize with clients on specific brand social.content initiatives
· Assist in the creation and execution of influencer strategies
· As part of one or more teams, educate, ideate and support planning teams in the development of integrated social and content strategies, best practices, and idea generation
· Manage program execution on multiple projects simultaneously
· Assist in cultivating strong relationships with third party content providers/websites to consistently source content creators and talent and other relevant vendors/partners
· Partner with strategic and analytic talent to identify business needs and opportunities that will aid in the development of new measurement methods and analysis for social and content strategies and experiences.
· Help develop and implement best practices in social and content development
· Provide education on overall social and content industry landscape, trends and best practices to internal client and social.content teams.
· Help determine success criteria (pre and post campaign) and establish benchmarks
· Depending on specific assignment help teams to:
o Manage social marketing, community, and blogger partnerships
o Develop marketing and community activation plans and channel design
o Develop advanced earned and owned media distribution plans for specific programs
o Develop measurement and analysis plans for specific programs
· Maintain an accurate and up to date list of major pop culture and entertainment events, award shows and celebrity happenings
· Develop content calendars for social media content based on Brand Editorial Calendars.
· Maintain ongoing relationships with day to day account/creative/media/planning/tech teammates
Skills and Qualifications:
· 4-6 years Digital Marketing experience either in advertising, entertainment, newsroom, distribution, or content fields with experience in social, public relations, or publishing beneficial.
Strong understanding of media planning, distribution, and syndication of content.
· Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media (links to your examples required)
· Demonstrates ability to map out a content and social strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics
· Evidence of facilitating and initiating creative thinking in the digital space: content, media, social, activation
· Candidate should have a hunger for/be a participant in: new technology, new content solutions, social media events and developments and a strong connection with beauty, entertainment and pop culture
· Dedication to completing projects and tasks with passion and a relentless pursuit of excellence; ability to excel in a complex and changing marketplace.
· Ability to leverage content strategies within the total communications plan
· Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving abilities
· Strong interpersonal and teamwork abilities
· Collaborative approach/attitude
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent understanding of digital fundamentals and consumer insights research
· Understands fundamental social engagement, content development, and digital media planning processes
· Ability to integrate across cross-functional teams
· Strong appetite for and immersion in entertainment and pop culture
· Maintains a point of view on digital media and up and coming partners, practices and initiatives
· Client facing track record
· Strategic mindset
· Committed to flawless execution
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 18 countries and 32 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.