1 August 2022
At Digitas, our Experience Design team crafts digital products, content, and services people love to use. We are collaborators and innovators, who thrive in multidisciplinary teams, who can start from a blank page and help realize the vision for a great experience, and who aren’t afraid to get our hands dirty making that vision a reality.
Our backgrounds run the gamut from site to mobile, ecom to campaign, startup to agency, with one foot in visual design and the other in UX. But at heart we are designers who love creating new, meaningful experiences and are exceptionally well versed in the practice of modern digital product creation.
We’re looking for a Vice President/Group Director of Experience Design to join our Boston-based team, a leader who will help set the vision for a project, a team, and the organization. You’ll be as comfortable sweating the details of a design interaction as you are presenting your teams’ work to executive-level client partners. You’ll be a mentor and a manager, developing talent to be their best. And you’re passionate about growing your own talent, as well.
What you will do during a typical day:
• Provide strategic direction and design oversight for a single client across multiple verticals and projects, managing for business and brand consistency when applicable
• Articulate a vision for a project, then collaborate with other capability leaders, put a plan together, and make that vision a reality
• Identify how a proposed project fits into the broader experience ecosystem and design vision
• Direct teams of designers and content strategists across the entire design process, from kickoff to launch, including user research
• Drive modern design thinking and practices to innovate modern experiences and how they are made and managed
• Articulate and evangelize design rationales to peers and clients
• Concept, sketch, and design digital experiences for multiple devices and contexts
• Deliver experience design thought leadership within the agency and to clients
• Help manage staffing and provide input on project plans
• Partner with other disciplines, building relationships and trust within the organization
Some things we want to see in you:
• A portfolio full of strategic thinking paired with beautiful, usable experiences designed for all kinds of devices and contexts, including large-scale platform and interaction design for large companies, products, or organizations
• A formal design education and an informal desire to always be learning
• Demonstrable experience in, an ongoing passion for, and the ability to teach the latest experience trends and technologies
• Well-versed and comfortable with modern design practices and environments: component-based design systems, enterprise CMS, rapid-prototyping, and other design hyphenates
• A leadership style that rallies clients, inspires your team, and attracts collaborators from other disciplines
• Strong experience leading design teams across a single client with multiple verticals
• Complete comfort running lean teams to conceptualize, design and execute experiences in a fast paced environment
• Proven ability to create and maintain executive level client relationships
• Experience with user research methodologies, including, but not limited to, usability testing
• Fanatical obsession with the quality of what gets launched
• 12+ years experience being pretty amazing, at least 6 of them in a leadership role in a digital agency environment
• Experience in the financial industry a huge plus
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 18 countries and 32 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.