8 August 2022
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Paving the way for these amazing projects is our Technology capability, dedicated to transforming the digital marketing landscape. The Technology capability collaborates with other capabilities within Digitas such as Strategy, Creative, Data Science and Media, as well as client business and technology representatives, to bring cutting edge digital products and campaigns to life. We also have strategic partnerships with many of the world’s leading marketing and advertising technology vendors that helps us leverage the best platforms and tools for our clients.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Associate Director, Digital Product Management – someone who can join a new or existing digital project and support the project with gathering, documenting and prioritizing requirements in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
The Digital Product Management practice provides traditional product management support (requirements gathering and specification documentation), as well as technology strategy services (e.g., technology assessments and vendor evaluations) to support complex digital projects being defined, designed and developed by Digitas. These projects range from marketing communication to data engineering to emerging technology. Client-driven digital tasks are increasing in scope and complexity and the need for effective tech leadership and product management skills has never been greater to deliver on those needs.
As an Associate Director, you’ll lead and support product roadmaps for a set of features from inception through implementation on a range of highly dynamic and data-driven digital projects and initiatives within our client portfolio.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
· Gather requirements through analysis of the project goals and the client's digital ecosystem, background research, and working sessions/interviews with internal or external stakeholders across Data Strategy, Audience Strategy (segmentation), CRM, Media Activation, and Performance Analytics.
· Communication and management of requirements or data specifications documentation using industry and company templates. For complex requirements, creating data and process flow diagrams, data schemas and models, analysis matrices, back-end business rules or other methods to facilitate understanding and agreement with internal and external stakeholders on the issue.
· Participating in client walkthroughs of requirements and/or live demonstrations of working functionality and capturing feedback.
· Collaborating with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Technical Product Managers and other stakeholders in the detailed design phase of projects and providing concise accurate feedback to help align with requirements or user stories.
· Providing analytical support related to data that supports campaign execution (e.g., identifying data sources, data onboarding requirements, analytical reports)
· Managing the high-level roadmap and delivery timeline of products and deliverables
· Following industry best practices for business analysis and technology as well as staying current on emerging digital and data technologies and trends to support your analysis and client discussions.
· Participating in the Digital Product Management practice and Technology capability’s continuous improvement activities by bringing ideas to the table and showcasing work for discussion.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
· 7 + years of experience working in a Digital/Data/Technical Product Manager or other Product Owner role leading technology or data-based projects.
· Bachelor or equivalent degree in Business or Technology related discipline required.
· A proactive approach to learning on the job as well as completing formal training to develop your skill set.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to support interaction with a variety of team members and clients at different seniority levels.
· Agile/Scrum project management methodology training and/or experience required.
· Technical documentation skills particularly with using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio (or like diagramming tool) and cloud-based collaboration tools such as Teams and Box.
· Experience using Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence) preferred.
· Strong experience working with cloud databases (e.g., BigQuery) and advanced ability to query datasets with SQL statements, pull data, and build reports.
· Strong data analytics skills and ability to build charts in Excel or Tableau
· Ability to frame a hypothesis, collect data and validate within required timeframes
· Experience managing basic automation projects.
· Deep understanding of AdTech and MarTech technologies such as: CRM, CDP, email/marketing automation, programmatic media (DSP, SSP) and digital identity management.
· Experience working on large complex projects with multiple teams, timelines and dependencies preferred. Agency or consulting experience preferred.
· Experience working with remote teams in different time zones preferred.
· Flexibility to travel as needed preferred.
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 18 countries and 32 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.