24 September 2021
Data & Analysis – Lead Data Scientist
We are the connected marketing agency, a full-service agency with modern creative & media, data, and technology services all under one roof.
The Data & Analysis team uses data-driven insights to fuel strategic growth for clients. We believe that data should never exist in a vacuum; instead, it should be put to work to bring the best ideas and stories to our clients.
Digitas’ Data Science practice sits within our DNA (Data & Analysis) capability, and develops industry-leading analytical solutions for clients across industries, channels and business functions. We apply a bespoke and cutting-edge arsenal of statistical, analytical and computing techniques to complex data problems at scale, with an emphasis on game-changing—and measureable—business impact. We work in close collaboration with colleagues across all agency disciplines to develop truly innovative, highly effective, data-powered solutions for our clients.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Lead Data Scientist – an experienced problem solver and passionate evangelist of all things data, including the latest and greatest in methods, technologies and applications. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
Our Data Scientists deliver analytic solutions across a wide variety of client applications. We build inferential and predictive models, including machine learning algorithms and AI; we process, integrate and manipulate big data with distributed systems and customer data pipelines; we synthesize results and translate findings into compelling stories that resonate with clients.
As a Lead Data Scientist, you are our internal expert. You’ll develop and implement multi-faceted solutions for complex marketing and business challenges—from cross-channel media and customer experience optimization to segmentation, targeting and business strategy—synthesizing just the right elements of our technical and analytical offerings.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
· Owning end-to-end analytical projects involving data engineering, data mining, data modeling, and business strategy.
· Providing Internal expertise in fundamental skill areas such as statistical methods, machine learning, AI, distributed computing, and open-source programming.
· Providing thought leadership and innovation in process, technique, and implementation.
· Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to establish clear analytical objectives, approaches and timelines.
· Summarizing, visualizing, communicating and documenting analytic concepts, processes and results for technical and non-technical audiences.
· Sharing knowledge, debating techniques, and conducting research to advance the collective knowledge and skills of our Data Science practice.
We’re looking for rigorous analytic training and 7+ years professional experience in a data science or analytics role, which typically includes:
· Robust domain expertise in areas of statistical methods, machine learning, AI, distributed computing, and/or open-source programming languages
· Experience integrating a variety of data sources, methods, and applications to achieve specific objectives
· Experience implementing a range of statistical or machine learning methods, from basic descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing and feature transformation to complex dimension reduction, supervised or unsupervised learning, and model tuning and validation.
· Proficiency in Python or R, SQL, and distributed computing systems such as Hadoop or AWS. Familiarity with Linux and/or Spark preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
· Demonstrated passion for marketing analytical applications
· Demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment with flat structure.
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.
Digitas is the Connected Marketing agency, built on the principle that there are better ways for brands to connect with people. We leverage comprehensive data, technology, creative, media and strategy capabilities to deliver Media-Fueled Creativity via connected Solutions that include Connected Campaigns, Social Marketing, Brand Experience, CRM & Loyalty, and Marketing Transformation. A Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Global Marketing Agencies for six consecutive years, Digitas serves the world’s leading brands through a global network comprised of more than 4,000 employees across over 30 countries and 50 offices. For more information visit www.digitas.com
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 18 countries and 32 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.