15 August 2019
Manager, Search Marketing (SEM)
Digitas is a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Manager – someone who can inspire junior staff and skillfully juggle multiple pieces of business. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As Manager of Search Marketing, you’ll manage the strategic components of an integrated SEM campaign. You will lead a team of analysts within the Digitas SEM capability team to establish performance metrics, report results and foster client and vendor relationships.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
· Serving as primary contact for day-to-day clients
· Spearheading the development of program strategies and analyses for clients (e.g., target audience recommendation, geographic targeting, timing/scheduling strategy)
· Overseeing day-to-day internal team’s work on bid strategy optimization and testing
· Establishing and driving paid search best practices for team to assimilate across tactics and activations
· Maintaining a level of quality assurance and holding the team accountable for delivering campaigns and executions with precision
· Writing and delivering media strategies, and overseeing the translation of these strategies into final media recommendations
· Ensuring that media deliverables meet and align with client goals and objectives
· Prioritizing teamwork, delegating responsibilities, and implementing a task management system that is universally accepted and applied
· Developing team for advancement through positive mentoring, providing critical feedback, and exuding a genuine interest in professional success of others
· Ensuring that analysts are effectively developing and optimizing campaigns for added value
· Overseeing performance forecasting, budgeting process and allocation with client and internal stakeholders
· Providing creative solutions to client challenges
· Fostering relationship with internal teams (Media, S&A and other capabilities) and external teams while managing multiple client stakeholders
· Understanding big picture implications and how insights can be applied in other programs and environments
· Active knowledge sharing with capability and broader agency
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
· A four-year degree and 5 to 7 years of digital media experience, 4+ years of SEM experience
· Prior experience managing direct report(s) preferred
· Strong familiarity with the digital environment and a clear understanding of media planning and buying process (multi-channel knowledge and DoubleClick search expertise preferred)
· Strong understanding of media research tools – you know their strengths/weaknesses, and when and how to effectively use them
· Keen attention to detail and an analytical approach to achieving objectives
· Solid quantitative and research skills, and proven data interpretation capability
· Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Experience working with Tag Management Solutions, DMP, MTA and Site Analytics tools preferred
· Excellent client presence and ability to lead discussions with internal and external leadership
· Strong ability to understand client objectives and how they translate into search and media strategies
· Stellar communication and presentation skills – you’re poised, articulate and convincing
· Willingness to travel as needed – you’re open to new places, new faces and new ideas
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 18 countries and 32 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.
DIGITAS GLOBAL BRAND PRESIDENT