2 months ago
Job Title : Design Lead | Melbourne
DigitasLBi Melbourne is on the hunt for an amazing Design Lead to join our growing creative team.
Who are DigitasLBi?
Our work is designed to fit beautifully into people’s busy lives, allowing our clients to make meaningful connections. With 37 offices around the world, we are a connected agency network that operates without silos, blending creativity, data, technology, strategy and media to make brands count.
Following five years of consistent growth in Sydney, we have recently expanded our agency with a new office in Melbourne.
Data-fueled creativity is at the heart of the agency. We are a diverse group of designers, makers, writers and doers who can bring an idea to life or design a new product or service from scratch. We pride ourselves on concepting, designing and delivering beautiful work that goes above and beyond our client’s expectations. We are curious, collaborative and confident. From websites and digital media to engaging campaigns, we leverage connect our diverse skillsets to transform our clients’ marketing.
Who are we looking for?
You’ll have exceptional design skills and be responsible for bringing purposefully distinct digital experiences to life, but your role will extend beyond traditional design. You’ll help innovate new products and services, co-create digital platforms and find ways to use design and technology to tell meaningful brand stories.
You see potential in every brief and can identify creative and innovative solutions to solve any problem. You are laser-focused on getting brilliant work out into the world. You know the ‘why’ behind every decision and present work with confidence. Our clients will love you because you ‘get’ them.
You can work in any shaped team; on smaller briefs you are a lone-ranger, on bigger projects you blend brilliantly - be it exploring a design direction or mentoring junior talent. You know what good is, you naturally seek out stunning design or a beautiful idea that’s above the ordinary and keep an eye on what is winning awards and exciting the industry.
Above all, you are looking for a new home that can help you produce the most effective work of your career.
• Work with other creatives in our Melbourne office, in close collaboration with our Sydney-based creative team, to ensure creative design work exceeds client expectations.
• Create engaging, interactive, cross-channel campaigns and experiences, spanning a variety of platforms such as digital media, web, mobile and eDMs.
• Lead the execution and production of design assets, providing art direction and oversight to your design team in Melbourne and supporting freelancers.
• Understand clients’ brands and business needs and translate them into smart design solutions, refining complex requirements into elegant user interfaces.
• Manage and deliver high quality design deliverables throughout all phases of a project.
Skills & Experience:
• At least 8 years’ experience in design, with at least 3 at a senior or lead level within digital / UI design.
• Solid presentation skills with client stakeholders and good written communication skills.
• Strong conceptual thinking skills, with the ability to collaborate with copywriters and designers to develop highly effective concepts and campaigns.
• A strong understanding of the value of data in the creative process and a belief that data-fuelled creativity achieves the most impactful outcomes.
• An understanding of user behaviour and UX, with the ability to demonstrate how your design decisions support the user’s needs and experience principles.
• Outstanding presentation skills and confidence working directly with clients, including workshopping, pitching, setting design strategy and running design thinking workshops.
• Proficiency in design and prototyping software. e.g. Photoshop, Sketch, InVision. Google Web Designer proficiency will be a highly valued bonus.
• The confidence to challenge the status quo. You know how to push for perfection, when to push back on clients, but also when to compromise.
• You have a compelling portfolio of work, showcasing a wide variety of digital design work.
• You have examples of successful projects e.g. smashing performance targets or award recognition.
Please note that DigitasLBi is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, relentlessly committed to help brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. Our team is deliberately diversified—with experts in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech working seamlessly across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. We are endlessly curious and fully transparent, always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas operates in over 25 countries across six continents and is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe, which is present in over 100 countries and employs nearly 80,000 professionals. To connect with us or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.