29 November 2018
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, relentlessly committed to help brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder.
Our team is deliberately diversified — with experts in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech working seamlessly across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. We are endlessly curious and fully transparent, always examining real human behaviour to create authentic connections — between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes.
Digitas operates in over 25 countries across six continents and is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe, which is present in over 100 countries and employs nearly 80,000 professionals.
Our Data team is unique, and is the driving force behind the work that we do. Combining exclusive data partnerships and skills across a variety of tools and platforms, our team is a place where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning ideas come to life. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Data Director for a senior role to drive that transformation with our Media team. This director role will be instrumental in shaping the data driven strategy for our clients. Working closely with strategists, analysts and media planners this person will be responsible for managing quality of delivery, consistency and team synergy to ensure best practice is adhered to and we are delivering the best work to meet the client expectations. Sound like you? Read on…
What You’ll Do
This director will need to not only have an in depth understanding of data & data concepts as they are applicable to media but also be an expert in media, both digital and offline. This person will be accountable for ensuring the usage of data in all aspects of client business across multiple FMCG brands, working directly with other capability leads to ensure data-led thinking is consistently used throughout the team.
• The ability to solve a multitude of problems by leveraging deep knowledge and experience in data and media
• Form a real understanding of client’s consumers, business, brands and challenges, to articulate, position and implement data driven strategic & optimization plans for client and drive brand recognition and success
• Seen as a thought leader when it comes to new applications and uses of data, is able to provide a client focused POV on a variety of topics including but not exclusive to media mix modelling, multi-touch attribution, and ad tech
• Work with cross-capability teams to help define the correct questions to understand campaign performance and use supporting data to deliver the answers
• Oversee the creation of clear, robust and thought-provoking campaigns and data-driven insights
• Lead a team of analytics managers to ensure consistent delivery across entire account
This role requires a good understanding of all phases of the analytic process including data collection, preparation, modelling, evaluation, and insight generation. Candidate should demonstrate the ability to identify key business questions and how to approach answering them through data, ultimately guiding actionable recommendations. The creative use of data / data sources is a must, the candidate should have not only a strong analytical mind but also be resourceful when it comes to solving problems with limited initial data.
The candidate should have experience in measurement of both direct response and brand awareness campaigns. Experience working for a FMCG company on the client or agency side is a big advantage.
• Expertise in cross-channel media measurement & strategy including both on and offline channels
• Experience managing a team, demonstrate the ability to motivate and develop staff, as well as delegate effectively
• Capable of translating complex data sets into insights that will help to drive client business forward
• Able to present complicated data insights & strategic recommendations in a client facing manner and teach others to do the same
• Experience working with clients to help them achieve marketing transformation fueled by data. Willing to go above and beyond to get the job done
• Confidence to challenge the client and team and to ensure deliver on marketing metrics that drive business outcome
• Brilliant client service and fostering that culture within your team to ensure smooth delivery across what is a complex piece of business
• Demonstrate outstanding capabilities in data manipulation, cleansing, interrogation, and interpretation
• Exposure to distributed/big-Data tech preferred (Hive/BigQuery/Scala/Spark etc.) Exposure to Python/R or other scripting languages highly desired
• Understand the data vendors and partners in the marketplace and have the ability to leverage for client’s benefit
Please note that Digitas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,300 employees across 12 countries and 24 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.