September 14, 2020
Manager, Social Strategy
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Social Strategy Manager – a Social Media subject matter expert to help us bring that transformation to life through social. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As a Social Strategy Manager you’ll directly manage owned social channels for one of our flagship accounts, interacting with consumers and as the online voice of a well-known brand icon. You’ll also take the lead on developing insights and briefs to guide the brand’s campaigns and long-term approach to social marketing. This is a role that combines the in-the-moment decision-making finesse of a skilled social media practitioner with the strategic vision of a trusted creative collaborator.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
· Monitoring online conversations related to the brand(s)
· Participating in online conversations and generating consumer responses according to the brands’ voice and social playbook; and/or liaising with other brand stakeholders to take action as needed
· Keeping a firm pulse on pop culture, entertainment events and other opportunities for our clients to make waves in social
· Proactively escalating and communicating issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the team
· Developing social strategies, playbooks and creative briefs
· Learning and sharing knowledge on new social media tools, channels, formats, best practices and case studies that can continually inspire and enhance our work
· Developing thought leadership pieces, trainings and POVs that elevate the expertise of the social strategy team and the agency
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
· 4 to 8 years of experience working in marketing, advertising, PR or communications
· Hands-on experience in the social media universe – you’re comfortable navigating platforms and formats from TikTok to Twitter, Reddit to Reels
· A strong understanding of marketing strategy fundamentals, and a keen eye for spotting patterns and developing hypotheses about consumer behavior
· Excellent research and writing skills, with a demonstrated ability to back up ideas and opinions with sound, articulate rationale
· Strong presentation and public speaking skills
· The ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external partners
· Experience with social content publishing and moderation tools (Khoros, Sprinklr, etc.)
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 18 countries and 32 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com.