What you’ll do:
As Manager, Digital Investments, you will provide investment stewardship across paid digital media channels, including video, social, search, display, and native. In this role, you will manage the channel investment teams to build a media plan, ensure a consistent go-to-market approach across channels, ensure seamless execution & management to exceed campaign KPIs and oversee the team on day-to-day projects – all while building robust client relationships.
We are seeking a leader who will bring an innovative approach to channel planning & buying, endless curiosity to identify new opportunities and an ability to achieve value through strong partner negotiation. You will be able to speak fluently to channel buying tactics; often acting as a representative of the full media investment team to clients and the marketplace. We are seeking someone with a willingness to learn new skills – including media planning tools & offline media.
Day to day your role includes:
- Deliver high-quality channel planning for clients, serving up a smart, thoughtful understanding of how digital marketing can achieve (and exceed) objectives and goals
- Manage, optimize, and expand programs for all digital marketing channels to maximize the performance of marketing spend.
- Oversee the work of multiple channel specialists, managing workflow and providing strategic guidance and oversight.
- Work with Analytics team to oversee client pacing & performance across digital media portfolio.
- Serve as a day to day point of contact for clients and internal teams for the broader digital investment portfolio.
- Speak fluently to multiple digital media channels, calling on deep expertise from activating one or more channels
- Leverage historic analytics/performance to validate investment strategies, inform tactical decisions and exhibit ongoing willingness to optimization performance for campaign success.
- Build and foster strong partnerships with relevant media partners in the digital ecosystem (i.e. Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc.)
- Bring innovative solutions and out of the box thinking to partners and clients.
- Work within teams to troubleshoot and quickly problem solve campaign management issues as they arise, as well as effectively communicate issues to clients.
- Overseeing budgeting & billing process, working with direct reports & channel specialists
- Manage and maintain relationships with internal practice leads and full investment team (up to 5+ people)
- Be a leader by functioning as the point of escalation for clients and team members as needed.
- This position will work closely with an Associate Director, Investments/Media Strategy & VP Director, Media on the account work.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- 5+ years of media planning and buying experience, with a focus on performance media
- Bachelor's degree or higher, with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, communications, or equivalent
- Analytical background – comfort with data and numbers
- 3+ years of people managing experience, overseeing multiple direct reports in an account management/client services team
- Strong communication and writing skills - you’re skilled at interpreting client objectives & clearly articulating your thoughts; you’re poised, precise, and above all, kind when engaging with others
- Excellent negotiation skills and understanding of how to add incremental value and communicate that to our clients
- Able to package, merchandise, and sell in concepts and new opportunities
- Strategic thinking and able to see the bigger picture
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and in a collaborative team setting
- Willingness to travel as needed – you’re open to new places, new faces and new ideas
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is the Connected Marketing agency, built on the principle that there are better ways for brands to connect with people. We leverage comprehensive data, technology, creative, media and strategy capabilities to deliver Media-Fueled Creativity via connected Solutions that include Connected Campaigns, Social Marketing, Brand Experience, CRM & Loyalty, and Marketing Transformation. A Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Global Marketing Agencies for six consecutive years, Digitas serves the world’s leading brands through a global network comprised of more than 4,000 employees across over 30 countries and 50 offices. For more information visit www.digitas.com.