Donaton to lead new “Connected Creative” capability
New York, NY – July 23rd, 2018
• Digitas, The Connected Marketing Agency, announces the elevation of Scott Donaton to lead Digitas' Creative and Content teams under a new, united "Connected Creative" capability, a collaborative approach to solve brand challenges. Scott, based in New York, will report into Digitas' Global Brand President Michael Kahn.
• Scott joined Digitas in 2015 as its Chief Content Officer; he launched and leads Digitas Studios, which develops unique custom-content initiatives, strategies, and business models for clients.
• Ronald Ng, Global CCO, departs the agency after three and a half years. During Ronald's tenure, Digitas has won a Cannes Grand Prix in Creative Data, and ranked #1 in the 2017 Cannes Lions Global Creativity Report twice, and ranked #1 Digital Agency in the 2018 WARC 100 Top Global Agencies.
• This announcement comes on the heels of recent creative talent elevations and appointments: Atit Shah and Andrew Carlson to Co-Chief Creative Officers/North America; Sue DeSilva to ECD, Boston; Mike Frease to ECD, Chicago; Jenny Awasano to SVP, Creative, New York; and Matt Cullen and Gary Tranter to CCOs, APAC.
• "Our unified creative and content practice will develop, produce and share brand stories that are worthy of people's time and a brand's dollars. Those stories and experiences can take any shape," said Scott Donaton, Chief Creative & Content Officer, Digitas. "And I'm excited to lead a world-class team of creative and content talent in doing their best work for our clients."
• "I look forward to working with Scott as he leads our Creative and Content teams under one, united capability. He will help shape and lead the face of a modern Connected Creative capability that is dynamic and bold, and rooted in building brands and businesses." -- Michael Kahn, Global Brand President, Digitas. "We also thank and recognize Ronald's contributions to our agency, across work, culture and talent."
Scott Unicorn Snapshot:
• Leads the Digitas NewFront, the anchor event of the Digital Content NewFronts, of which Digitas is the only agency founder and presenter.
• Before Digitas, Scott worked at UM and UM Studios; Ensemble, an Interpublic Group content studio; and Entertainment Weekly and Ad Age, where he served as its editor for more than a decade before becoming publisher.
• Inducted into the Advertising Hall of Achievement, honored as one of the "21 Most Intriguing People in Media" by Media Industry Newsletter, and was named to the Folio 40. He's also served as president of the Branded Content & Entertainment jury at the prestigious Cannes Festival of Creativity.
• His op-eds have appeared in Fast Company, Adweek, and Ad Age. His work has won awards from such festivals as Cannes Creativity and the London International Advertising Awards.