- Digitas, the Connected Marketing agency, gave an exclusive sneak peek of the documentary 'A Woman's Place', created in partnership with client KitchenAid, Vox Creative, and the Academy Award-winning director of the film, Rayka Zehtabchi, during NewFronts 2020.
- The documentary explores the bias and barriers women face in the culinary industry -- tensions which have only been amplified by Covid-19 -- and the chefs who are pushing for change.
- The idea for the film came in response to a staggering statistic that Digitas unearthed: despite women accounting for 50% of culinary school graduates, only 7% of Executive Chef roles are held by women in the US.*
- In ‘A Woman’s Place’, Marielle, Etana, and Karyn are three women on very different paths, each determined to carve a spot for themselves in the culinary industry despite the gender bias that remains.
“We are proud to partner with KitchenAid, a brand that boldly stands behind its purpose of creating possibility in the kitchen. KitchenAid continues to tell people-driven stories like 'A Woman’s Place' -- stories that drive emotional connection and impact, and need to be told.” - Jodi Robinson, CEO, Digitas
“As a brand that was named by a woman and had one of the first all-female sales teams, we knew that this story of inequity in the culinary industry was one that we were compelled to tell. From the beginning of this process we wanted to be a vehicle for these women’s stories and amplify their powerful voices. In order to be authentic in that endeavor, we had to develop a longer-form story without KitchenAid branding.” – Rob Sundy, Head of Brand Marketing & Creative Studios at Whirlpool
Digitas and the NewFront: A Legacy of Leadership
- Digitas created the first Newfront thirteen years ago (2008) to give our clients an informed point of view on the burgeoning digital content space.
- In 2013, to create a true marketplace for premium digital content, Digitas reached out to the top online players at the time, Google/YouTube, Hulu, Microsoft, Yahoo! and AOL to co-found the Digital Content NewFronts. Digitas remains the only agency to put on a NewFront.
- Digitas NewFronts are historically thought leadership events that tap into the current (and future) Zeitgeist--for the past two years at the NewFronts, Digitas has stressed authenticity and trust as core themes in our presentations.
- In 2020 Digitas pivoted due to Covid-19 to focus resources on our clients and their challenges. Our NewFront spotlights an extraordinary documentary film, "A Woman's Place", created in partnership with client KitchenAid, Vox Creative, and the Academy Award-winning director, Rayka Zehtabchi.