99-year-old KitchenAid beats out Apple and Google for 3rd spot as most relevant brand to millennials
- Digitas, the Connected Marketing Agency, has three brands making the top 25 of the fourth annual Prophet Brand Relevance Index – KitchenAid, PlayStation, and Pandora. Lyft, another Digitas brand, jumped 79 spots to #55 and is dubbed the second biggest mover to increase its ranking year-over-year.
- The Brand Relevance Index is the only ranking that speaks directly to consumers to find out which brands are most indispensable to their lives. Prophet is a global consulting firm that surveyed over 12,500 consumers in the U.S. on 299 brands across 37 industries.
- Consumers measured the brands on four key principles: customer obsession (brands you can't live without), ruthless pragmatism (brands you can depend on), pervasive innovation (brands that consistently innovate) and distinctive inspiration (brands that inspire you).
KitchenAid: “…a social media whiz…”
- KitchenAid, founded in 1919, is the oldest brand on the index’s top 25, ranking #3 as the most relevant brand to millennials (beating Apple and Google at #4 and #5 respectively), and #8 overall in the US. KitchenAid is also cited as a category leader under Durable Goods,
- Prophet cites KitchenAid as “…a social media whiz…finding new ways to win with followers, from great recipes to technical pointers.” The culinary brand also ranked #1 in “I know I can depend on”, and is among the top-ranked brands in the “customer-obsessed” category (one of the four principles of brand relevance), along with Netflix, Pixar, and Trader Joe’s.
PlayStation: “…pushes the status quo…”
- Ranked as the #13 most relevant brand, PlayStation also wins in the “pervasively innovative” category and is considered a category leader in Electronics & Gaming.
- About PlayStation, Prophet cites, “PlayStation scores high for ‘Engages with me in new and different ways’, and ‘pushes the status quo’”.
Pandora: “Connects with me emotionally”
- Ranked as the #23 most relevant brand, Pandora is cited in the report as “…still the biggest streaming service in the U.S… [and is] one of the best performing brands in both ‘Makes me happy’ and ‘Connects with me emotionally’”.
“These rankings are validation that a connected marketing approach is powerful. KitchenAid, which touches our entire diverse set of connected capabilities -- Data, Strategy, Media, Tech, and Creative – is the unicorn brand most might be surprised to see on the list, but we’re not. We partner with them every day to deliver a 360-degree consumer brand experience and we are proud of the impact we are making in the marketplace with them.” – Michael Kahn, Global Brand President, Digitas
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 21 countries and 34 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com