“Marks” campaign uses personalized approach to target passionate home cooks
- As KitchenAid’s Connected Marketing Agency and partner, Digitas unveils a new global integrated campaign on the eve of the brand’s 100th anniversary.
- Marrying data-driven insights, media and creative, the campaign celebrates and unites a tribe of passionate home cooks called Makers — those who showcase their passion by leaving their mark in the kitchen through every dish they create, technique they try, and memory they make.
- The campaign was conceived around the insight that Makers have unique skills, behaviors, habits and kitchens all inspired by their love of making. These are their Marks. This deep understanding has fueled KitchenAid to create products with meticulous attention to detail, engineered for passionate Makers.
- The breakthrough campaign features a unique visual style that brings vibrancy and authenticity to the home appliance category.
- This campaign reflects Digitas’ commitment to intersecting strategy, data, creative, media and technology to deliver authentic and relevant brand experiences.
- STRATEGY: Initially, our strategy was rooted in a wealth of knowledge about the consumer, specifically their behaviors and motivations in the kitchen.
- DATA: To expand on what we know about our consumer, we analyzed over 50+ audience segments to develop granular insights, with scale, to speak to consumers’ unique behaviors and interests in and out of the kitchen.
- CREATIVE : Once audiences were defined, we leveraged these insights to create relevant and personalized brand experiences across 15 unique videos.
- MEDIA & TECH: From there, we married creative, audiences, and consumer consumption habits to develop relevant brand experiences that were triggered by Makers’ unique interests and behaviors. Highlights include: personalized messages, sequential storytelling, and custom designed sequences based on skip logic (if a user did or did not skip a video)
- The campaign will come to life across traditional and digital placements, influencer engagement, social channels and earned media efforts.
“For Makers, cooking isn’t simply a hobby but an essential part of who they are. Creatively we wanted to bring to life that passion and celebrate it in a dynamic, authentic and engaging way. So, when a Maker sees the work, they’ll say, yes, they totally get me -- I want to get into the kitchen right now and make my mark.” -Laura Keeler, SVP, Group Creative Director