Associate Director, Digital Product Management
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Paving the way for these amazing projects is our Technology capability, dedicated to transforming the digital marketing landscape. The Technology capability collaborates with other capabilities within Digitas such as Strategy, Creative, Data Science and Media, as well as client business and technology representatives, to bring cutting edge digital products and campaigns to life. We also have strategic partnerships with many of the world’s leading marketing and advertising technology vendors that helps us leverage the best platforms and tools for our clients.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Associate Director, Digital Product Management – someone who can join a new or existing digital project and drive it forward as the Technology Lead from documenting user stories to shipping code. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
The Digital Product Management practice provides traditional product management and business analysis support (requirements gathering and specification documentation), as well as technology strategy services (e.g. technology assessments and vendor evaluations) to support programs across clients within the agency. These programs range from marketing communication to data engineering to emerging technology. Client-driven digital tasks are increasing in scope and complexity and the need for effective tech leadership and product management skills has never been greater to deliver on those needs.
As an Associate Director, Digital Product Management, you’ll lead product roadmaps for a set of features from inception through implementation on a range of highly dynamic and data-driven digital projects and initiatives within our client portfolio.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- ✦Leading all aspects of technical discovery, strategy, definition and delivery of client projects that includes
- ✦Requirements gathering through analysis of the project goals and the client's digital ecosystem, background research, and working sessions/interviews with internal and external stakeholders.
- ✦Strategic leadership throughout initial project discovery phase including, facilitating workshops, synthesizing findings and creation of potential paths to success in collaboration with the Experience Design team.
- ✦Building client relationships, trust and act as extension to their team
- ✦Conducting client walkthroughs of requirements, technology recommendations/POVs and/or live demonstrations of working functionality and capturing feedback.
- ✦Partner with client & project teams to define product roadmaps
- ✦Auditing and analysis of technologies and vendors under consideration for project solutions.
- ✦Ensuring any necessary Governanace or Compliance regulations are considered and followed
- ✦Leading teams of technologists including; Digital Product Managers, Architects/Engineers, and QA Analysts – both onshore and offshore – in delivering the high quality technology solutions to our clients through the SDLC process
- ✦Communicating requirements and functional specifications as well as responding to requests for clarification and deeper analysis with the Development Team
- ✦Partnering with the QA team by reviewing and providing feedback on test cases, logging, and triaging defects as well as keeping documentation up to date as discrepancies are identified
- ✦Partnering with the release manager(s) to review and approve finished development work before release into production
- ✦Partnering with the Project Manager in scope definition, prioritization of requirements, identifying project tasks, time estimates, assumptions, risks and dependencies
- ✦Guiding Experience Designers (XD), Art Directors and Copywriters in the detailed design phase of projects and providing concise accurate feedback to help align with the requirements.
- ✦Partnering with the Account Team in managing client stakeholders by providing documentation within agreed timeframes and consolidating open questions/issues for communication with clients.
- ✦Supporting new business activities such as RFP responses and client pitch development, presentation and follow-up.
- ✦Educating others on industry best practices for product management and technology as well as staying current on emerging digital technologies and trends to support your analysis and client discussions.
- ✦Participating in the Digital Product Management practice and Technology capability’s continuous improvement activities by bringing ideas to the table and showcasing work for discussion.
- ✦Managing other Digital Product Managers on the project and/or direct reports through proactive mentoring and providing timely constructive feedback.
- ✦Take an active role in career management for your direct reports.
- ✦Help grow and nurture our talent by identifying areas of opportunity and growth.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- ✦7+ years of experience working in a Digital/Technical Product Manager, Product Owner or Business Analyst role.
- ✦7+ years of experience working on technology based projects.
- ✦2+ years of experience as a manager of personnel.
- ✦4+ years of experience working for a digital agency or consultancy.
- ✦Agile methodology training and/or experience required.
- ✦Project management training and/or experience required.
- ✦Bachelor or equivalent degree in Business or Technology related discipline required.
- ✦Extensive knowledge of digital technology such as: content management systems (CMS), customer relationship management (CRM) systems, e-commerce, systems integration, website analytics, marketing automation, native apps, social media, programmatic and predictive media.
- ✦Experience with CoreMedia CMS and WebSphere e-commerce platforms a plus
- ✦Extensive knowledge of website and software development process: discovery, design, build, test/QA, deployment, measurement, and optimization.
- ✦Experience working on large complex projects with multiple teams, timelines, and dependencies required.
- ✦An ambitious approach to learning on the job as well as completing formal training to develop your skill set.
- ✦Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to support interaction with a variety of team members at different seniority levels and varying degrees of technical understanding.
- ✦Experience working directly with senior level clients to gain trust and establish rapport for product management work required.
- ✦Outstanding technical documenting skills particularly with using Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio (or like diagramming tool) and cloud based collaboration tools.
- ✦Experience using Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence) required.
- ✦Experience working with remote teams in different time zones required.
- ✦Flexibility to travel as needed required.
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.