- Partnership will see DigitasLBi work with Liftshare to transform business model using digital and launch brand to a consumer audience
- Mobile app developed by DigitasLBi and Liftshare goes live today
London, UK: Global marketing and technology agency DigitasLBi has today announced a long-term commercial partnership with Liftshare, the UK’s largest car-sharing community.
The deal will see DigitasLBi partner with car-sharing service Liftshare, one of the UK’s first ‘sharing economy’ brands, to revolutionise its business model using digital. Liftshare enables drivers and passengers to share a ride whenever they need to travel, allowing them to save money, help the environment and make amazing connections with people. Under the agreement, DigitasLBi will receive a portion of any revenues generated through consumer bookings.
DigitasLBi’s commercial partnership with Liftshare is the latest example of the agency’s continued drive to find new ways of working with clients and to go beyond the traditional client-agency relationship model.
Liftshare’s first mobile app, developed in collaboration with DigitasLBi, launches on the Android platform today and on IOS later this month. The app makes it easy to find or offer a lift to any UK destination, with easy and secure payment functionality, and gives both driver and passenger support on the day of travel and beyond.
The launch of the app is supported by a digital engagement strategy which aims to reach Liftshare’s core audiences of commuters as well as those who travel for leisure pursuits such as football and live music; and those taking weekend breaks or holidays.
The new app marks Liftshare’s evolution from an online community which matches drivers with passengers, to a fully-fledged marketplace supporting online booking, cashless payments, peer-to-peer messaging and status updates.
Liftshare CEO Ali Clabburn set up the company in 1998 after using a car-sharing service in Germany, and has since built the brand to become a 400,000-strong community.
Ali Clabburn, CEO at Liftshare, said “Our vision for Liftshare is to solve transport poverty by being first to mind for anyone looking to go on a trip or journey. We’re delighted that we’re now working in partnership with DigitasLBi in order to move closer to achieving that ambition.”
Anil Pillai, UK CEO at DigitasLBi, said: “We’re always looking for new ways of making our commercial framework more flexible in order to add value for our clients, and over the years we’ve been involved in a number of performance-based deals, but never to this level. That’s why we’re truly excited to be embarking on this partnership with Liftshare. As one of the first ever ‘sharing economy’ brands, we believe Liftshare has real potential to become a household name. We’re looking forward to working with them to transform the way people travel.”
- ENDS -
DigitasLBi is a global marketing and technology agency that transforms businesses for the digital age. We help companies of all shapes and sizes decide what’s next… and then we take them there.
In 25 countries around the world, across 40 offices, there are more than 6,000 digital experts working to enrich people’s lives via our unique blend of strategy, creativity, media and technology.
Our skills span insight, brand building, content creation and distribution, as well as the ability to help clients organise themselves for the consequences of the change. We act as strategic partner to some of the world’s most exciting brands across travel, financial services, FMCG, publishing, telecoms and retail.
There are many things that make DigitasLBi unique but if we had to choose one it would be our ability to connect data with storytelling to help make brands special, shareable and more ultimately valuable wherever, whenever and however people choose to engage with them.
- Liftshare are pioneers of the #sharingeconomy
- Liftshare.com is a website with the aim of giving everyone someone to car share with
- Over 600,000 people have registered with Liftshare and 1 in 100 cars in the UK is registered on the site
- Members will share an estimated 507million miles over the next 12 months, saving approximately 167,000 tonnes of CO2
- In 1965 car occupancy was 2 but since then it has slowly declined to the current level of 1.6
- Liftshare operates over 1,200 car-share schemes across the UK, including councils, businesses, hospitals, universities and community groups
- Awards include: EU Sustainability Week Award 2012 | Eurostar Ashden Award for Sustainable Travel 2012 | Nectar National Small Business Award 2010 | Queen’s Award for Innovation 2008
- The typical driver who car-shares for their daily commute saves £987 a year