- Digitas, the Connected Marketing Agency, in partnership with KitchenAid, launch #MakeItTogether.
- KitchenAid created a global social-first campaign to bring people together and lead the conversation online around making. KitchenAid is equipping Makers of all levels through cooking challenges, recipes, ideas, inspiration and motivation—making the most of this time at home connecting through the love of making.
- In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, KitchenAid recognized the need to provide Makers of all levels tools to help them make cooking easy and fun. Launched on March 22, #MakeItTogether helps consumers around the world at home discover the joy, simplicity, and comfort of cooking.
- KitchenAid has long targeted the “Maker,” as evidenced in its Marks campaign, but observed how new home cooks and bakers were emerging overnight as a result of staying at home.
- People were organically sharing in social media how they were using their KitchenAid Stand Mixers to make bread, homemade pasta, cookies and other home-cooked foods. There was an increase in the number of people who wanted to learn how to cook and explore what’s possible in the kitchen.
- The campaign uses Instagram and Pinterest to engage with the community through stories, gifs, games, stickers and recipes for some of the most talked about cooking trends from whipped coffee to homemade pasta.
- Digitas and MSL are leveraging real time data and insights from top Google and Pinterest searches to help inform the types of content people are craving most.
- Pinterest search data showed by the end of March, there were 13x searches for how to make bread.
- Google searches for “easy margarita recipe” increased 250% on April 4.
- The campaign, created by Digitas, includes paid and organic content, UGC and email marketing. It’s extended through celebrity and influencer partnerships and public relations managed by MSL.
“We believe in the merit of making. Making makes us feel happier. It’s how we take care of ourselves and stay inspired. KitchenAid created #MakeItTogether during this time to provide useful content, inspire creativity in the kitchen and bring people together around the joy and comfort of making.” - Nikki Lockett, U.S. Marketing Leader for KitchenAid Small Appliances
“We wanted to help KitchenAid showcase what is important to people at this moment. #MakeItTogether positions KitchenAid as a useful and compassionate partner for Makers who are suddenly spending more time at home. This campaign is true to what the brand stands for and is informed by insights from what people are searching, saying and posting in social media.” - Mike Frease, EVP/Executive Creative Director Digitas